Sunday, May 22, 2011

Football on the brain

Yes, we're in the middle of baseball season (and I just finished watching the Yankees close out their subway series against the Mets with a win), but lately I've been thinking a lot about NFL football.  Perhaps because of my recent meetings with Santonio Holmes and Rex Ryan of the NY Jets, but of course because of the current lock-out situation as well.  I really hope that the arbitrators get to work and the owners and players union reach an agreement so we'll have football this fall.  It dawned on me that aside from being big business, football also generates a lot of charity. Aside from Santonio and Rex, I also just read that Braylon Edwards was out at Six Flags Great Adventure today supporting a charitable event for the Ronald McDonald House.  Great guys, great players, great game!

No comments:

Post a Comment